09-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #45
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
Scott26's elaborate justification of why BMW has broken every dogma they have set themselves in an effort to be more consumer-relevant, business-volume and margin-driven, and compliant with technology and regulation suggests it is not a good idea to boldly announce yet another definitive dogma 'no M for i-sub-brand'.

Scott26 makes the point beautifully that I hope the leaders of the i brand would consider.

Conversely, what if the 'M' brand wishes to take learnings from the 'i' brand - especially with regard to CRPF, weight-saving and efficiency in drivetrain and aerodynamics. They could well work together.
I'm pretty sure there will be a flow of knowledge and experience between i and M behind the scenes, but that doesn't mean BMW will actively market a car that bares the ideals of both -- it would be a bit like trying to sell Vegan friendly Bacon.

I'm sure however M could do something to get extra performance from the i8, through the aero and suspension, but it would probably compromise what BMW-i is about, and the last thing BMW want to do is to confuse the message of what the i8 is.. especially given that many people commenting here are already stumped by i.
Appreciate 0