07-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #6859
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
King Rudi MKSixer cmyx6go Rmtt

my dear e-mentors, do you guys remember that girl i was talking about 2ish weeks back? the california girl/the girl on my instagram.

she's inviting me to california after my internship ends, which is in a few weeks. i told her i don't mind the trip if she pays for my flight - she's nice, but i don't feel like dropping $200 on a 4 hour flight to see someone that isn't my best friend or my parents. ultimately we agreed on splitting the cost since i'm staying at her place too.

question is: do i go? the whole concept of traveling to see someone just feels odd at this stage of my life, plus the way we met: it's more acceptable i think to say "she was visiting, we matched on tinder and hit it off" than the actual story
Absolutely go. I too, was going to recommend you find your own lodgings while in the area. If things go well, you can stay with her, but don't make that your primary place of slumber unless it goes that way. Very cool of her to split the airfare. This shows her genuine interest in just wanting to see/spend time with you. Never miss an opportunity to travel; even, or especially in a situations such as this. Go. Have a great time (or not) but either way go live life, enjoy different experiences (regardless of the reason) and come report back to us old people. We may be the e-mentors, but we also live vicariously through you good sir. It's a symbiotic relationship.

I'm sure I've posted it on here before, but I had a hotel companion for a while when I traveled to Nashville for work. Met her at a bar in Nashville going solo for dinner one night. Each week I spent Tue, Wed and Thur in Nashville. For 3 months after, she came and stayed at my hotel every week. It was great and she was awesome. I hate that we grew apart. It also didn't hurt that she was in the 2003 hooters calander.....sigh....6' tall, long, lanky, dark brown hair, blue eyes.....ugh.
Appreciate 3
yco5738.50
MKSixer34184.50