07-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #31
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
"1 Million units is what luxury car sales are expected to grow to by 2015 propelled by new and emerging markets and established tentpole markets."

Can anyone translate this for me? Doesn't BMW already sell over 1M units worldwide, and has been since 2004? What exactly is the definition of "luxury car" here?
1 million units GROWTH, not total. You're right BMW sells well over 1 million units a year, but they can't tag simply tag on another 1,000,000 3ers and 5ers, so all these new models we're seeing is an attempt to draw customers from other demographics.

An X7 makes sense and always has since BMW sold Range Rover, CS II... I'm not so sure, the numbers for 6GC and 7er are already pretty low, they must be chasing some pretty small numbers here. M1 OBVIOUSLY I would like to see, but I can't see it happening until after i8 market launch and i3 volume production - so a few years away yet. The Rolls-Royce coupe I'm looking forward to greatly, I love the Phantom Coupe, and I think the Ghost looks fantastic,.. I hope they do more to differentiate it from the Ghost and give it a new name.

SCOTT, the Ghost is built off the 7erLi platform? what will the ghost coupe be built off?
Appreciate 0