02-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #6
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
The UEV in the picture is 34k starting.
True, and I'm aware, but I was specifically referring to the updated Bolt EV which also gets the weird face stein_325i referred to. The two do look very similar, but both are included in the set of pictures the OP posted.

Quote:
If you pick the 32K car version then you'll probably see a good 8k difference on a lease over a 3.
Indeed, Tesla lease rates so far haven't been very attractive. We'll see if this changes in response to new EVs arriving with lower starting prices.

I'd still very much love to see some direct Model 3 competitors - that is, RWD electric sedans (or better - fast-back hatchbacks) starting at < $40K - from traditional automakers. Unfortunately, the Big 3 are pretty much out of the sedan game, so we won't see anything like this from them any time soon. But I remain hopeful that perhaps we'll see an entry from VW or Honda or Kia in the next few years. All three have signaled their intention to build affordable EVs on dedicated RWD-first platforms, including some adopting car form factors.
Appreciate 1
jmack550.00