Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitts32 View Post
Thanks for the info! Ive just ordered the DLR bulbs, looking forward to fitting those!!

Just wanted to ask if anyone here knows how all the other bulbs effect other drivers. It really frustrates me when other cars have stupidly bright lights that make it very dangerous for your to pass them safely on dark roads while your being blinded by there lights.

I do agree that the standard lights are poor but I don't want to become one of those drivers with dodgy lights.

Just out of interest I thought car head lights are designed to deflect light away from on coming cars/drivers? Have those people adjusted the angle of there bulbs or are the bulbs just too bright to deflect the light properly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Sometimes the aftermarket bulbs are focused differently than the stock bulbs, causing a different light distribution. It also helps to keep the lights clean, as dirt will spread light all over the place.
Exactly this!

A huge pet hate of mine is 'upgraded' bulbs that aren't fit for the light unit they are in causing undue dazzle to others; oncoming or being tailed

Also yes, headlights are pre adjusted to have the OS H/L aimed slightly lower and usually slightly towards the NS comparatively to the NS H/L to avoid dazzle (when cornering this is worse). So they should be left alone or adjusted to measured levels of needed to be done at all.

Generally people should leave bulbs as they are, and not buy 6k super HIDS to put in and this would avoid said issues.
That said I appreciate some standard headlights on vehicles do seem poor so hard to suggest anything other than speccing xenons on order
Appreciate 0