View Single Post
      04-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #6
Mr Buck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i (soon)

That new GTI looks very very strong, so glad VW have gone back to the drawing board with this one because the GTI was slowly dropping out of the picture when stacked up against the competition and having owned two VW's I hold them in a very high regard. That diff alone will turn peoples heads, who are in the market for a hot hatch.

I agree with OP, BMW could offer a few more M performance parts, the vast marjority that they offer are exterior mods which ultimately don't do anything extra for driving experience.

When he mentioned the price being just north of 26k, I bet he wasn't including all the optionals he said help improve the GTI throughout the review.

Put it this way, I've just been on the VW configurator, for a GTI Performance with DSG, Metalic paint, 19'' alloys (which are much nicer) adaptive chassis control and Dynaudio speakers its £32,830.00... Thats a few grand shy of a pretty decently specced M135i nevermind a 125i. Price (especially optional costs) is where VW shoot themselves in the foot tbh

Last edited by Mr Buck; 04-25-2013 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: missed a bit
Appreciate 0