View Single Post
      03-18-2022, 12:29 PM   #12752
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I literally just lost it on them as they are home for march break. I am trying to work and do 10 other things at once and for the umpteenth time today they are loudly bickering over nothing.
Yes, if either I or my wife need to jump on a work call upstairs (assuming we are the only one home with them and we don't have the other to maintain order), we go through the same routine each time.

Specifically, they'll be sitting on the couch downstairs, peacefully watching a show or playing, all is beautifully calm, we'll tell them we are taking an important call upstairs so NO FIGHTING, and NO loud noises. Vehement agreement on their end that yes, absolutely, they fully understand and will be quiet as mice and will under no circumstances do anything to interrupt the call.

The poor individual currently tasked with watching them creeps upstairs to take the call, thinking that this time will be different. Inevitably, 2 minutes into the call, EVERY SINGLE TIME, Mt. Vesuvius erupts downstairs and you can hardly hear yourself on the call anymore.

Finish the call, go downstairs, lose your mind at them, rinse and repeat.
Appreciate 0