10-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
Ronayke
BMW-lover
Germany
Rep
Drives: It does the job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
The tyre circumference is actually rather important on AWD cars. It should get better with time, as the front tyres usually wear faster than the rears. You can also compensate with higher tyre pressure in the rears than the fronts.
I just measured all my tires when they are at 2.4 bar. 1914 mm rear circumference, while front is 1947 mm. This means that there is a difference of 1.72 %

So I went out to find a petrol station with a handy air station. I gradually played with the tire pressures and went for a test drive each time. Eventually, 2.3 bar in the front and 2.7 bar in the back makes the car less cluncky on slow accelerations. Vibration is also less, I guess...

Either way, the difference in circumference is too much. Therefore, I will try a new set of tires and rims officially from BMW (square setup with 225/40 R18 on 385 style rims). Now I will have to quit driving the car until the official ones arrive. Fingers crossed