06-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #6
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013M135i View Post
No. I considered a new m235i but when the dealer said A$96k plus options drive away....I walked away and bought a 10 month old M135i fully loaded with options for $63k.

M235i is a tad wider inside which is nice. Standard Exhaust note is a bit nicer. But jumping back in mine to head home and it sounds better (m performance exhaust) and pulls harder (chip). Just felt more aggressive and exciting. Prefer looks of 2 but I prefer practicality of 4 doors for school run etc. In summary, very little difference in my opinion. Price difference not justified.

LSD in my car is a massive improvement. Not sure if 2's had LSD - I would think yes but they wouldn't let us beyond sport (no sport+ or disc off action) so hard to be sure.

Highlight of the day - 4 people riding in M3 driven by an instructor, full pace in the wet and second lap, traction off drifting at 120-140km/h in the wet. Great car control, amazing.

Which LSD have you fitted to your M135i?

I did the M-Fascination day at Eastern Creek a couple of years ago - actually thought it was worth the spend, only in M3s and sharing the car with one other. Plenty of full laps in what was effectively Sport+, plus they allowed us to have everything off for the timed Motorkhana event and the skid pan drifting practice, so while we weren't at 10/10th on track, we were given plenty of leeway to get to know the car's quirks at the limit.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0