05-02-2019, 07:24 PM   #135
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_DM View Post
I get why some people think silver is boring but sometimes you just want a timeless, somewhat subtle color. But it really comes down to the tint of silver...some silvers look like crap while others look quite special to the right eye. Plus some people don't want in-your-face colors.

On a car with lots of lines, details, accents, etc. I don't think there's any color that shows off the architecture better than a high quality silver. On a car without many edges or details I do think silver can be a bit dull.

My biggest problem is actually that too many of the manufactures now include pretty lackluster colors as stock options and unless you're willing to go Individual, PTS, etc. the palette is a bit
Well said. I really agree with your point about the lines of the car. Up until their latest one my folks always had X5s in silver. There was something just beautiful about how it looked in the right lighting especially after a wash. This purple hue would develop under the evening sky.

I remember seeing a commercial for the new Boxster a few years ago and it was silver with red interior. Just a beautiful combination. If I weren't dead set on getting a sports car in a "loud" color that would be my choice.

I believe silver has dropped a bit in popularity while white has taken risen in popularity.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
Viffermike1753.00