United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
So maybe this has been asked before, but what "crime" exactly did Jon commit? Jon was the rightful heir to the throne. Dany claimed she had the right but understood that her claim was a rung below Jon's. So you have someone who does not have the rightful claim to the throne destroying a city in an attempt to seize it and the rightful heir to the throne kills her in the process. Case closed. Why is Jon suddenly a criminal? He should have been like "So I changed my mind, I'm the rightful king. I just took control F you Gray Worm. As my first act as king I'm giving the unsullied the choice to be destroyed, or, leave peacefully. As my second act, I step down and hand the title over to Bran.

I mean, at some point he's sitting in a dungeon at King's landing waiting for his fate to be decided and he's gotta be thinking "Wait, but I'm actually the king."

This is exactly what I was thinking while I was watching. All he needed to do was assume power briefly to set various events in motion, step down, pass the torch, then do absolutely whatever he wants with his life. I suppose that would have been too boring a story line though.