United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
This incident happened to us in 2009, which was an eternity ago, so maybe things have changed, but...

We rented a Mercedes C180 from Sixt out of Munich. The car was fine. But when we picked it up, there was no one there to check it out with us. We signed the paperwork and got the keys inside the airport terminal and they told us where in the garage it was parked. We got there and no one was around. We got in and drove away, expecting to be stopped at the exit for a quick inspection of the car. Didn't happen. So on we went. We had the car for about a week. When we returned it, the inspecting tech went over the car like a forensic scientist. He even had a small rag to wipe away any water spots or mud splashes to check for damage. Luckily, there was none. He signed off on our paperwork and sent us on our way. Two weeks after we got home, I got an email from Sixt saying my car had been returned with substantial bumper and fender damage, which was pure BS. They wanted my insurance info so they could file a claim. I contacted my insurance company to ask what to do. The adjuster said, "Oh yeah, Sixt does that a lot. Just give me the info and I'll settle the claim." I told her there was nothing to settle because there was no damage. She said, "Yeah, we know, it's just game Sixt plays. It's usually cheap to settle." I told her I would not play that game. I sent Sixt a copy of the inspection sheet where their own inspector had signed off and then I told them I was going to contact my lawyer and if he found there was indeed no damage, I was going to contact the German [...]
wow that’s pretty bad story, glad it ended ok for u
I rented from Sixt last April in FL and as well car wasn’t expected on pickup or drop off, besides on drop off there were no one around as it was early morning before their working hours in Orlando airport, likely no issues, bill got settled couple weeks later with no extra fees.
I guess it could happen to anyone anywhere.
Appreciate 0