View Single Post
      08-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #121
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
First off, love how SCOTT26 (aka BMW ///M marketing) has been so cleverly placed into the forums, giving only a little information in the beginning to make everyone revere him as an inside source, never once considering he or she is a member of the BMW marketing team and everyone one of his/her posts are tailored to push things in a single direction....brainwashing one step at a time.

Ok, back on topic: the N20 in the 328i makes the new F30 328i feel more like a e30 or e46 (sorry, did not like the e36 much) than anyone gives it credit for, especially the engine. The F30 feels smaller and more like a go kart then the e9x yet offers more room----really a great car and I truly think the engine is a big part of it. That N20 is a GREAT engine. I really think you guys will love it, even the sound, once the ///M division gets its mits on it......trust me, its like no four-banger you have EVER driven----and that is just the series production version. If you have not driven the 328i, go jump in one. The 335i feels overpowered and clumsy in comparison. But that is just one man's opinion.

By I understand the skepticism, nothing wrong with it, just really believe many of you 1-series lovers will REALLY love the engine and handling characteristics such a light engine brings once ///M is done with her.

We shall see....

Cheers,
e46e92
I'm from the f30 side of this forum and yes after selling my evo and telling myself that i am not gonna get another 4pot turbo i ended up getting one. I went in telling myself 335i or bust but I took a test drive of the 328i and was actually pretty impressed. I can only imagine an M derivation of one. I was browsing around and ended up here after looking at the post about the m2. I saw the new 1series and thought that'll never compete with the current 1m which is an awesome car - now when my lease is up I may get myself into a 2//M or M2 or whatever its gonna be called.
Appreciate 0