09-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #24
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
If this is the 'new' interior, then it's a step backwards to anything considered "progression". The dash looks like a 90's VW, wait, no not even that interesting.

If the LCD screen is standard the I can accept the minimalist design as the screen will show everything a driver needs. But, if that's a $2400 optional NAV in order to get some read out, then it's a FAIL.

For the kind of money we current 1 owners are spending, BMW can move the content up and upmarket. Looking like a much lower costing VW doesn't make me feel good about spending $40K+. I want to see and experience something in the cabin where we spend all of our time while driving.
???

Really, I can't think of a reason to want a touch screen. Give me a reasonable number of buttons to control driving the car (you can leave them off the wheel too) and I'll sort out modern ways to deal with Nav, audio and other things that might be touch screen with my phone.

My two year old phone felt antiquated, and since car electronics are well behind that, why get locked into some crusty, old technology right from the start? I'd like my car to be a car, maybe I'm weird. I'd certainly take an LSD long before any amount of supposed "technology".

Personally, the materials in the shots above look much nicer than what's in the current 1er or 3er, and while not on par with Audi/VW, at least a step up from recent BMW materials.
Appreciate 0