View Single Post
      02-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #31
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I believe the information about the special setup of the M135i is mostly marketing hype. It might be slightly different to the extent that there are different part numbers, but the major factors for how the car handles is generally similar to the siblings.
Is that inside information or a calculated guess on your part regarding the M135i not really having any "special setup"? I hear you mention "might" which also may mean "might not"....

I guess the guy responsible for it's development could have been lying of course as regards to aid marketing but suspect BMW's reputation would be greatly damaged if they did nothing and just changed part numbers to fool prospective buyers?

I'm not saying I agree or disagree if it's true or not but just would like to know if you have any information that others may not be aware of?

I think to exploit any chassis difference usually means driving close to it's limits so it probably correct that most drivers won't notice that much difference between some models that "might" or "might not" have been tweaked..