Thread: Roofing
View Single Post
      06-21-2019, 03:13 PM   #31
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I forgot about this thread. I don't venture into these parts much but saw the Roofing tag in latest post column and peeked in.

I thought 'stories' might be entertaining.

Had a two story steep wood shingle that we were removing and putting down decking and a 50 year HD. When the guys scrape off wood shingles with a pitchfork they fall in one of two places, attic or ground. She called me screaming, literally, that they had destroyed her prized tree. I tilted my head and said whatever to myself and said I'm on my way. Turns out it was a little stick of branch broken off of an ordinary shrub. Holly, maybe. She wanted 10K or she'd call the police and a lawyer. I just looked at her for a few seconds, laughed and said you'll be making a big mistake. She sniveled something at me a scurried off.
Job continued and she was tickled pink when finished. Paid the minute I said we are done.

Had a woman invite me in...10 minutes later she was hitting on me like a Tijuana night walker. She was pretty too but the family pics above the fireplace squashed that thought. Literally rubbing up against me at her breakfast table. Lady, I thought I was here to show you color samples!

And...had a guy start acting sketchy towards me. I let him know that I enjoy females...he said then why don't I come back that evening when his wife was there too.
I was the one to scurry off, never to return.