Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Performance has gotten a bit "meh" though. I mean, the difference between 3.9 and 4.3 to 100 clicks is fuck all, monumentally irrelevant. The actual driving experience is far, far more important to ownership experience than 3.9 vs 4.3.

Which is why i said i'd take the GT350 of those cars listed in the test, just fucking listen to the thing. It's all revs and attitude and glorious noise.
My only gripe with the gt350 is the build quality. They are notorious for having paint defects, trim defects, and if you got stripes they aren't properly aligned with the the rest when coming to seams and panels.

Friend of mine bought one in 2016 through MAS (Military Auto Sales) in Germany. Once he got it, he found paint runs on the lower section of the driverside door, the vents in the front quarter panels were clearly held on with double sided tape (you could see the tape through the gap it created between the panel and the trim), and his hood stripe wasn't lined up at the trunk to the bumper. He had all of that fixed, but within 2 years the motor was burning a ton of oil. Took it to the dealership and they had to order a new motor, which was a month wait just for the motor and then another week or 2 for labor. All covered under warranty, but still quite a bit.

Now, I will say that it was that baby blue they offered a the time so maybe it showed paint runs more? Either way though, the car sounded amazing and handled amazing. A great driving experience every time for sure.

But, if it came down to spending $65k on a sports car with a v8, without going luxury brands, I'd probably go with a ZL1 camaro. Sure, you can go corvette as well, but the supercharger in the ZL1 and that exhaust note are addictive and sound better than the entry trim corvette at $65k. Only downside would be the quality of parts used. But compared to the gt350 that also has lack luster quality parts, at least it doesn't have known assembly quality issues.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00