04-03-2019, 12:05 PM   #3877
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
You and I are quite alike in many ways. I think the one thing that I enjoy the most about this way of life, is that it actually makes me appreciate the girlfriend a little more. I'm not so much dependent on her time as it isn't something I "need" per se, just something I enjoy. If something happened to us today and we were no longer together; there would be things I would miss, but it wouldn't disrupt my life much. With that being said, I do love her just not going to be devastated if it ends. I'll never allow myself to be that guy again.

When the current girlfriend and I just started dating a close friend of mine was over at my place. My buddy, the girlfriend and I were on my deck having a drink and a smoke when a mutual friend calls my buddy. Not thinking anything of it, my friend puts his phone on speaker and lets the guy know he's at my house and he's on speaker phone. Without hesitation, the guy on the other end of the line says, "What slut does he have over there tonight? Does she look good?" The girlfriend, very couthly stepped inside the kitchen without saying a word. I was embarrassed, Chris couldn't stop laughing and Drew (on the phone) was still going at it saying things like "Why is no one answering? Is he balls deep in her right now? Chris is he letting you watch?" Jesus, I'm uncomfortable reliving it as I type. Definitely a funny ass moment. I'll give her credit though, we talked after Chris left and she made the comment that she didn't care how I was before her, it didn't matter to her; all she cared about was who I am now. Three years later, she's still with me.

LOL....That is funny. My neighbors are cool, so I am not worried. Plus I switched companies right when we started dating exclusively, so she never met any of the people that I used to go and party with.

So no worries there about anything slipping by although she said the same thing your significant other said ...my past is my past.

My current wife is pretty awesome. She knows how I am and she isn't going to change me. But she also knows that I respect her. Even though I could say our relationship is "one-sided" in my favor of how much we are invested in one another....she knows that I would never cheat on her. The thought of doing that has never crossed my mind with any woman I have been with. I don't need to be with her...I want to be with her.

Now by nature...I'm a talker although my wife says I'm a "flirt". But my wife knows I wouldn't act on it.

Again....it may just be slim pickings in my area, but I would and still do get hit on quite a bit. Most of it starts out with something like.."You must be a Personal Trainer"...... and I'm like "No...I'm just someone trying to fight the aging process".

We can go somewhere...like the mall or boardwalk...and if I waiting outside while she is in a shop or something looking around, 7 times out of 10 I will have someone who has stopped and is talking to me when she comes out.

When I was single...I made it a point to not date anyone who was married even if they were separated. I'm wasn't getting involved in all that drama even though I had friends that would go out with women who were cheating or separated from their SO. I wouldn't want that done to me, so I would never do it to someone else. You don't know what others are thinking. They could be separated, but the husband "think" that they are trying to work things out when the wife is done with it all and moved on.

Funny story....my wife confided in me when we first started dating, that she was a little concerned about letting her guard down with me as she noticed I was always "head turning" when we would be out in public.

Then she said it finally occurred to her....I wasn't looking at other women...I was looking at cars!

And you know what...it was the truth!!
MKSixer34185.50