Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

If I were doing what you're doing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madgambler View Post
All reasonable comments, thanks people.

I consider the car to be a work in progress, that's for sure! Trying to figure out priorities for upgrades now. It's such a blast to drive and yet I know it still has potential to unlock : )

What's tricky is balancing the upgrades to not ruin the drive. Right now I think I've pushed it beyond it's limits but only if I drive it hard.

M Brake kit, bigger wheels/tyres, Quaife all on the shopping list. Just trying to juggle the order.

All part of the fun.
If I were doing what you're up to, I would look to the tuning companies to give me a clue regarding the order in which to do things. They normally offer stage 1, 2 and 3 tunes that add various bits and pieces as the power becomes more radical.

I am still learning the car but to drive quickly on a winding road you absolutely need Sport +. That would lead me to believe that the stock power already requires a very short leash, and I would probably look to beefing up the suspension a little as a first step. For anything but motorways I actually prefer Sport suspension with Comfort throttle and gearbox mapping, so I doubt a little extra stiffness would hurt anything and would certainly improve on-limit handing in Sport+
Sport+ is pretty close to the Z4M's standard suspension settings and with extra power, that would have required a little extra stiffness (which would have made it quite unpleasant around town due to lack of adjustability). With the M135i you have 2 softer settings and Comfort could easily tolerate a little beefing up without making regular driving uncomfortable.
Appreciate 0