kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
100% true.
I don't mind GP races in the US, but one of the first tracks/events that I think should be cancelled is the Miami GP. What a stupid venue was that. A street track set out on a huge parking lot...
And thinking of ditching Spa.. that's the coolest track on the calendar.

I'd also like to keep monaco. Maybe not the most eventful race as overtaking is difficult, but Monaco always brings drama. Always. Here qualifying and strategy become really important.
And it's an iconic venue. Nobody talks about how often a driver won Singapore. or Montreal. But they always talk about how often he won Monaco. And in that regard it's the most important race.
Miami was great and it will only be getting better. F1 could benefit from more American interest. Miami is investing heavily in growing the fan experience and there is a god-awful amount of money there. the track IMO was pretty darn good and for a first time setup the logistics, seating and access was really easy; the whole thing was very smooth.

As far as international access, Miami is once of the most visited destination cities for leisure. Probably 1000x more visitors than Monaco if I had to guess. I'm no fan of the city of Miami; but as far as a city that fits F1; not sure there is a better city because it's crazy wealthy, it's youthful, it's a party city that's all about night life... fits right in with the entire F1 entourage and atmosphere.

not sure why you think it's stupid. it is a street-like track but a dedicated race venue, it's not a race in a parking lot by any stretch of imagination. Did you go? because I was there and I think you might be off on your assumptions of Miami.
Appreciate 1
NYG10742.50