09-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #125
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolais View Post
I know this will look like a paid message but I assure you it's not . I'm one of those who got F20 without extended bluetooth (6NK) and then found the Y-cable inconvenient. Tried different things: checked the price for combox retrofit from BimmerTech which was a bit over my budget. At some point I bought one of these Bluetooth to 30pin adaptors but the quality of sound wasn't good (especially on AAC losless tracks) and none of the integration features worked (wheel controls, track/album information). I almost gave up and switched to listening radio (free DAB this year was a nice present from BMW). Anyway, last week I decided to look around again and finally found a device that does it for me. It's called ViseeO tune2air and it works seamlessly with my setup (Pro Radio 663, Basic BT 6HN and HK upgrade 647). It's plugged to Y-cable and emulates your iDevice (connected via BT) so the track/album info + controls work as if that device was plugged in instead. Plus I believe it supports AAC over A2DP and has a decent DAC so the music quality is pretty close to the actual wired connection. I've got it two days ago, tested and since I'm so happy that I finally solved that nagging issue with BT audio setup I decided to share it on here.

Here's how this looks like:
Hi Kolais,

Thanks for your experience with this cable. I was going to purchase one of the cheaper - more-common bluetooth audio receiver's to solve a similar problem. I have an iPhone 5, the BMW iPhone y-cable and was hoping one of these would work, since i have the standard bluetooth and radio in the car. I'm not too sure whether i want to spend almost £70 on one of the Visee0 cables, although i had stumbled across these during my research and the manufacturer does quote to work with BMW, Merc etc...

Does anyone else have ANY experience with bluetooth audio receviers and the F20? Purchase links would be handy, so we could try to conform some sort of list of what works?

I was looking at this one from amazon, i will wait for a few days to see if there is any response and if not i will order and report back.

Kolais, when you used your cheap-generic adapter, you said that the music quality was terrible, i believe this to be a common problem, even with a traditional iPod dock for some brands, so i would like to think that there are some out there that dont have this problem. I was wondering, how did the car recognise the cheap unit within the iDrive (as an iphone, or just aux), could you change the tracks from the stereo (most important for me with this solution - not too bothered about the steering wheel controls mind) and did any track names come across with it also?

I mainly stream music on my phone, and have little to no music tracks on the device. With the y-cable and an iPhone 4, its possible to change the tracks using the stereo, even when the music is being streamed down the lead (and the car isn't reading the music tracks directly through the iDrive).

Sorry for the long post, i was literally going to order one of these today until i stumbled across this post.

Thanks,

Ben
Appreciate 0