09-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #123
kolais
England
Rep
Drives: F20 118d Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjlbakker View Post
Hi kolais,

Thanks for your tip, I am having difficulties with my configuration since I upgraded to iPhone 5.

I have the standard BT and radio professional with Y cable, so I have to have my iPhone plugged into the Y cable for music. The thing is there is no Lightning ycable (yet), and with the lightning adapter the music plays and shows on the screen but it does’nt charge..
Hi and sorry for a late reply.
I believe I have similar setup and I was able to connect iPhone 5 via Y-cable and 30-pin to Lightning adapter so I could control wired iPhone and see what's being played + have it charged from day 1. The main issue for me is that I'd have to put my phone into the compartment and oftentimes I'd just forget to take it back with me (inconvenient!) so I was looking for a wireless solution.

Quote:
After reading your input I bought the 'Auris Bluetooth 30 pins to dock emulator' (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-for-your-dock). I believe it is the same device as your ViseeO tune2air?
I'm not sure if they are the same. There are tons of 30-pin to Bluetooth adapters out there, I've tried one before getting ViseeO and it was not recognised by the head unit (plus the quality of sound was dreadful - I could hear sound distortion esp on AAC losless tracks and there was a noticeable background static noise heard pretty much at all times). I can only confirm ViseeO works and I'm quite happy with it at this stage.

Quote:
The problem is iDrive / Y-cable does not support this one, so it doesn’t show in the screen. It does support AUX of course but I do want the track/album info + controls!!
Well, as I said, I've tired the other adapter (this one to be precise) and it worked only as wireless AUX connector so there you go.

Quote:
Do you have any advice? The Auris supports aptX coding, has Bluetooth 4.0 and should work..
Well, strangely enough iPhone 5 reportedly doesn't support aptX and so AAC support is much more important if you want to get most from that setup. I heard good things about Auris so I'm sure it's a quality product but if you want a tighter integration with BMW iDrive then ViseeO is a way to go as they're designed specifically for that.

Last edited by kolais; 09-17-2013 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0