View Single Post
      08-05-2022, 05:35 PM   #18
Reezo
Rep
Drives: F20 m140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algon View Post
Both of them could do proper diagnostics, but only in combination with the right software as the Veepeak adapter or Enet cable are just tools to establish a connection between the car and your phone or laptop.

Also, a proper tuner wouldn't ask a client to bring their own Enet cable ha-ha!

On-topic: my car seemed to have about 10% more refrigerant in the A/C system than needed. I think too much refrigerant will cause too much pressure which will turn of the entire A/C system. Will see how it will do in the near future.

Cheers
That's great, at least the tools are there. I bought Bimmercode some time ago but if there's some more apps that are recommended, I'd gladly invest in buying so I can read MY OWN diagnostics (capisc').

I bought the ENET connector because the tuner I trusted - that some friends/colleagues have used - is based in The Netherlands and they told me they could do it remotely if I had such a tool. I agree I wouldn't trust a tuner who didn't have a 15 EUR tool to be charged 750 EUR (that's the price for chiptuning somewhere in Berlin and Hamburg, I have real quotes.. sheesh).

Very interesting info on the 'too much refrigerant'. I'll keep that in mind, as well! I assume they did remove it and now you'll be testing it in the next days.

As usual, as soon as anyone has info, we drop them here Thanks again!
Appreciate 0