View Single Post
      07-12-2022, 05:13 PM   #11
Algon
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reezo View Post
This is interesting, thanks for writing!

When we noticed the A/C wasn't working as expected, my wife put it on MAX A/C and 18C as well and it did blew warm air, as you reported. She used this (and I did as well) as a way to reinforce "wow, this is really is not working!" because we expected colder, not warmer air to come out of the ducts.

This happened twice both when we first experienced the issue, and when we drove away from the car after its first check. Both times we used the 'lowest temp' as a way to assess whether the A/C was really working.. which seems to produce the same result you said.

I'll need to check by putting the A/C to something around 22C or even a tad higher, and see what it does. I know the last time we drove for 3 hours, outside temp was around 26C-29C and we set the A/C to 20-22 and it was working, as we kept looking at each other and I kept making the sign "shush, don't say anything, don't jinx it" aha

...So what you are writing makes even more sense now. Interesting. Is this related to the power/heat generation of the 3-liter engine or something in particular that is a 'feature' and not a 'bug'?

Thanks again for your precious help,
I'm not a mechanic or something like that, but I think the A/C can just cool down the temperature by a certain amount of degrees. Like from 34 to 24 degrees or 30 to 20 degrees etc. Something like that.
Might have to do with something that protects the A/C system from damaging itself by freezing some of the components and end up not working at all.
After all, my A/C will get very cold when I set the temperature right so I'm not worried about any malfunction of the A/C system.
Appreciate 0