View Single Post
      07-10-2022, 07:02 AM   #9
Reezo
Rep
Drives: F20 m140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algon View Post
You said it doesn't blow cold air when its 30+ degrees outside? What temperature did you set on the climate control system?
Had the same thing when I set the climate control to like 18 degrees while it was 34 degrees outside. It did blow warm air until I set the climate control to like 22 degrees when it became cold again.

This is interesting, thanks for writing!

When we noticed the A/C wasn't working as expected, my wife put it on MAX A/C and 18C as well and it did blew warm air, as you reported. She used this (and I did as well) as a way to reinforce "wow, this is really is not working!" because we expected colder, not warmer air to come out of the ducts.

This happened twice both when we first experienced the issue, and when we drove away from the car after its first check. Both times we used the 'lowest temp' as a way to assess whether the A/C was really working.. which seems to produce the same result you said.

I'll need to check by putting the A/C to something around 22C or even a tad higher, and see what it does. I know the last time we drove for 3 hours, outside temp was around 26C-29C and we set the A/C to 20-22 and it was working, as we kept looking at each other and I kept making the sign "shush, don't say anything, don't jinx it" aha

...So what you are writing makes even more sense now. Interesting. Is this related to the power/heat generation of the 3-liter engine or something in particular that is a 'feature' and not a 'bug'?

Thanks again for your precious help,
Appreciate 0