View Single Post
      07-09-2022, 06:12 PM   #71
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Fair points. But this is the sort of shenanigans we teach rookies not to do on the last session on Sunday, because we care about them, and hope their equipment is okay.

I've had my share of "oopses" over the years. Stuffing at 2003 EVO into hogpen armco was the worst. Driving in a hurricane was the intellectual error there. I claim inexperience at the time. I know better now.

Running my hoosiers a gazillion heat cycles was my last boo boo. But it was the first time in ten years I'd run hoosiers, but the result was a low speed spin in turn 1 at VIR. They were fine after they were warm, but they corded after that.

So I get it. But this one was so basic. And yeah, he didn't claim anything else other than "mea culpa". But it can be learned from.

Shawn
Agreed. I think for him to put this out there is a good learning experience for others. I know when I talk to others that have crashed on track, it's not because of me relishing in their misfortune. It's for me to learn from what they think they did.

Now there are Youtube idiots out there that really are just disasters waiting to happen and are looking for the attention. Because I'm more focused on sport bikes, that's the content I typically see. There's one idiot in particular called Max Wrist just causes me to SMH as well as those that want to mimic his antics.
Appreciate 0