G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
They are consistently at the top of the heap when it comes to OLOA.

So I don't know what you're on about that they handle like crap.
I'm surprised this is such a sensitive issue. It's a cool car - they're just not made for that reason.

It's a heavy, all wheel drive, understeery platform with awful balance. It generates ridiculous heat and annihilates consumables. Yeah, you can gut one, modify it to shit and put aero on it to get ok results - it has the power for single lap performance (Nurburgring) but some guy with a 2006 Corvette will walk all over it for a fraction of the price with less power. You can take a subset of any amateur racing/time attack results and "prove" that some terrible platform is capable of putting down a good lap. I've seen FAST dodge chargers too and that platform is probably worse than the Nissan GTR. Do you see a lot of GTRs in endurance or GT racing? Yes, but it's an AMG not a Nissan.

It's not a good platform for tracks. I didn't discover the laws of physics.
Your going to talk price about tracking and then add AMG GTR? Again, new X drive M cars are pigs to. Any near 2 ton AWD car you track is going to eat up everything. I know the M cars drive on fairy dust and unicorn piss but they will be no cheaper than most other AWD hippos. Slow down on the Beemer cool aid homie. We all have M cars but no need to hate on the poor Nissan!!
Appreciate 0