Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
You say that with such disdain.

Most cars are designed with some sort of utility in mind. Most people prefer acceleration over handling. Most businesses that cater to their audience more than their unique vision succeed.

I'm with you though, my daily is a Sports Car, and so is my weekend toy. Even my other daily is sporty. But we are the few.

Don't be so hurt about it, if you don't like acceleration that much, don't buy those cars. It's people like you and I that keep cars like the M2 viable for BMW.
Not really the point I was making but that's probably my fault. I don't care if someone likes one dimensional cars - plenty of friends have Nissan GTRs. It just sucks that I now have to listen to people with crippling autism compare a Tesla to a 488 Pista... and they genuinely believe that the Tesla is a better "sports car."

I've got a down-payment on a Tesla to replace my truck so I don't talk about them or EV with contempt. The definition of "performance" is so watered down now. That being said, yeah the M2 is a great car but I don't vibe with the wheelbase. We really don't need an ///M brand anymore.
If you are saying a GTR is 1 dimensional, which one are you talking about? They seem to be bad ass on track and Straight line?
Appreciate 0