02-08-2019, 01:06 AM   #9
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
They claim certain power unconditionally. They don't mention power change in the manual describing the driving modes. They can't set you up: you have the right to know what you get selecting a mode and they do provide certain details. It's not a lottery where you "select it yourself". Optimization by cutting power can give plenty of saving. Eco Pro's benefit is negligible, as we know. Simply put: why do you think Eco Pro lacks the power? Is it only an impression (I didn't notice much difference, I recall) or any objective data?

Did you?
I think I only did some testing between Comfort and Sport, to confirm they have the same power. In the 118i LCI, I don't think I have even tried the Eco Pro mode yet! :-)

Back in the 116i-days, I sometimes used Eco Pro, and there were times where I needed power going uphill, and changed back to Comfort to get it. I do not have any objective measurements to back up these memories.

The motivation to actually test this has come back to me now.

Regarding unconditional power, that is not the case. The power depends on the weather and what type of fuel you filled it up with.
Appreciate 0