01-10-2024, 09:26 PM   #20
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingraman View Post
I live near Sacramento, and I take day trips to San Francisco on occasion, without having to drive.

I’ll take Amtrak, and leave my car at the Sacramento train station (or ride share there). I’ll take a morning Capitol Corridor train to Oakland Jack London Square, and catch the ferry from there to the SF Ferry Building; the walk’s not too far, but check the train/ferry schedules in order to have enough time, but not too much. I’ll wander around SF for the day, mostly on foot, and then catch the Amtrak bus to Emeryville, departing from near the Salesforce building in the evening (last bus at 7:30p weekdays and 8:40p on weekends, according to the online schedule). From there, it’s another Capitol Corridor train back to Sacramento. The Capitol Corridor website often has discounts for multiple travelers (right now: buy one, get 50% off for up to 5 more people on the same trip).

It’s fairly relaxing when you don’t have to worry about your car or dealing with the traffic.
Actually went today. My friend drove. It was completely dead. At least the embarcadero wharf area. Also went to Japantown and it was pretty dead also. I'm not sure if it's because it was cold as fuck and raining and just nasty out, but I have never seen so few people on the streets in SF.

As for crime didn't really see anything shady. Barely saw any homeless. It was actually kinda creepy. When we left we started seeing a few more people and there was plenty of traffic to get out of the city.
Appreciate 2
Ingraman144.50