EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Whats the point here? (Not to sound aggressive or condescending)

BMW engines have had rod-bearing issues for years. The 4.4TT has shit valve seals, 335/535 HPFP issues, etc etc etc and BMW has done shit. Porsche's first GT4 had the front strut tower issues cracking and some cases being outright destroyed, they did nothing. Porsche had no choice as their GT3 crowd is a MUCH smaller bunch of people and is their "flagship" performance car. The Corvette is a 1/3 of that price at its highest point, previously. Not sure why a manufacturer should be held responsible if their street car overheats on a racetrack, despite me thinking why build a car of such capabilities ON the track if it can't maintain it.
hmm didn't know about the strut tower thing. quite a big issue now that i look into it. BMW i'm aware of their issues and doing nothing about it. kind of to be expected.

GT3 is a much smaller crowd yes, and a flagship car for them. But GM is a huge company by comparison and the vette is their halo car. I feel like if the cooling issue happened to the GT3 porsche would have immediately addressed it.

and i'm not trying to slam GM here... its a great car. But people shouldn't be expecting ferrari levels of build quality. Nor should a ferrari F8 owner expect Pagani/Bugatti levels of quality and materials.
I'd have to agree and I don't think anyone is expecting it to compete in build quality with Germans or Italians. But I'd be willing to bet, behind the wheel, it'll be pretty damn close and you're definitely getting way more than for the money. It's clear, GM is leasing the way in America when it comes to development and competing against the Europeans when it comes to track performance oriented vehicles, and that from a mopar fan. You just can't take away with what they've done with the Z06, ZR1, Camaro 1LE and all the other several acronyms, even the Cadillac Vs. They're obviously getting real close to offering a package that while won't be an exact comparison, certainly offers a strong value proposition for consumers.
DrFerry6722.50
BIGW0RM3006.50
Humdizzle6024.00
b4hand661.00
mikado463468.00
stein_325i25051.00
swanson733.00