View Single Post
      10-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #11603
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Well this escalated fast ..... so how's the dating life, everyone?
Not really on topic since I'm married, but a disturbing thought occurred to me on Saturday.

You see, there is this restaurant that my wife and I like, but its too far to drive to on a regular basis, so it is only really special occasions. And we went there last Friday night to celebrate our anniversary and got her parents to take our kids for a sleepover.

Wonderful place, great meal as usual, fantastic scotch list (truly fantastic), we both enjoyed ourselves. And we got to talking and I came to realize the following fact pattern from that discussion....

The first time we went there, my wife had raw seafood, consumed a decent amount of alcohol, and lo and behold, unknown to either of us at the time, our first was already conceived. He made it through her best efforts to kill him that night (we never knew she was pregnant obviously).

The second time we went there, she had a wicked cold and was hopped up on all sorts of medication, also drank a fair bit again, and lo and behold, she was again pregnant with our second (again, we didn't know). He too, made it. Strong little fighters our children.

Well....last Friday we went for the third time to that restaurant. I just wasn't tracking like she was that both our kids were already conceived (but very early on) each time. Now if she was somehow pregnant, I'll love him or her just like our other two kids, but neither of us are planning to have a third. And I've been snipped. So I'm hoping we've broken the chain.

But disturbing, the realization that each time we've gone to this restaurant has basically resulted in us finding out we are pregnant...and we just went a third time. I'd have questions naturally, given the snip, but I do know that it isn't 100% and can revert in rare cases. Just hoping I'm not one of them.
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15817.00
King Rudi13159.00
ramman434712.00
wtwo318067.50