05-25-2023, 10:36 PM   #1570
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAURIA View Post
Honestly the 'process' isn't really all that difficult. You walk into an AD, ask to put your name down for a particular timepiece. They take your information (name, phone number, etc.) and will call you if/when one becomes available. ADs won't give you much clarity into when that may be. And its somewhat up to their discretion.

During my first experience, I mentioned being new to the area - was looking for a local jeweler to conduct business. Put my name down for a Datejust and within 6 weeks I received a call. I was pleasantly surprised how quick it was. But everyones experience is different. I've also had my name down for a GMT and its been over 16 months already. Others on here have been waiting years...My friend waited 3+ years for a Daytona but eventually got one (mind you he had already purchased a lady DJ, GMT, Sub, etc from same AD - so could just be goodwill and relationship between the two). Goodluck, you never know!
Good to know. I know another AD on a personal level so hopefully that will help out. The Datejust in this certain spec just has me fawning.

My dad got a Bluesy recently, no wait on that.
Appreciate 0