View Single Post
      08-05-2022, 06:16 PM   #22
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Thanks guys, I'm way over my head when talking about car mechanics. I just drive on the road, sometimes spiritedly, I treat my brakes w restraint and appropriate use, never slamming or pressing hard, I guess I try to be an optimal driver being efficient w them. My rears have lasted for ~200,000kms/125,000miles before finally coming up for replacing. Given this profile, I dunno if I need to get anything better than the OEM rotors/pads since I don't think I need greater stopping power (if they cost more than OEM), unless they are similarly-priced.

Here are the P/Ns and CAD prices to see if you guys have any more good advice:
BM34-21-6-797-861 $205
0066956P 12-16 w/300mm $119

Tbh, the difference between replacing the rotors as well is only an additional ~CAD240/USD185, so maybe I should just get them both done? Unless the shop says the rotors are still in top shape. I appreciate my indy, at least they are open to the idea that the rotors aren't a must to replace, vs the dealer who says that they must replace them.
I think you're good with the OEM rotors, but the pads are a different story. The OEM pads are a street/track pad, eat rotors, and you'll get no better street performance from them than you would a less expensive true street pad, which will also double the life of your rotors, be whisper quiet, and have 80% less dust. It's a no-brainer.
Appreciate 2
DocL1930.00