09-28-2022, 08:45 PM   #2
Patrick
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series 125i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennm92 View Post
Hello and forgive my lack of understanding when looking through this thread, complete newbie when it comes to Esys, so I have downloaded Binmercode - it works wonders on my BMW F30 but when I plug it into my brothers F20 the headunit cannot be read. I have been advised by them that the headunit requires to be reset to factory. And advised to download Esys.

I followed the downloading tips found on here and had a nose round. My brother states that his USB, Bluetooth and telephone doesn't work and I am suspecting the two are linked. Again I followed a tutorial off here to try and reset the unit back to factory settings but it hasn't worked when I have activated FA and read ecu there's Hu_Entry and also HU_EntryNav I suspect the headunit may have been changed. Any moderators able to have a little look for me to see what's going wrong? Think the previous owner has mapped it previously and I'm at a loss. Cheers Benn
Once certain things are activated like Apple CarPlay it removes the ability to see "headunit" with bimmercode. I have the same issue, I'm just waiting for my PMs to work to download and install E-SYS.

Most of the Esys videos say to backup before changing anything, if you backup maybe try a restore
Appreciate 0