View Single Post
      08-22-2022, 07:10 AM   #1
dorgo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Auto Start Stop puts gear to Neutral

Hello everyone, I have a little issue with one of our cars, F20 2016 N13, ~80K KM on the clock.
The car is regularly and on-time maintained on BMW dealership and in a very good condition.
I used to have some rattle/shake issues when the engine turned off because of the ASS (Auto Start Stop) action but it got worst.

When driving the car with ASS, before the engine turns off (automatically, when fully stopped) the engine shakes and sometimes the gear goes from Drive to Neutral, this gear change never happened and it accompanied with an i-Drive message that there is a risk to roll because the car is in Neutral (no error/fault message appears).

I went to BMW dealership and I was told that the gear needs to be replaced.
When we turn the ASS off the car goes fine with no issues. Until this escalation (gear goes to Neutral) the engine rattle/shake before ASS-engine-shutdown was reported to the dealership (during the car's warranty period) and they didn't find any issue with it.
I was not told there is an issue with the gear liquid (there are no oil leaks at all), the gear oil was never changed.

Has anyone here ever faced this issue? I tired to look for such threads but couldn't find any.
Has anyone replaced a gear because of something similar?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0