View Single Post
      02-10-2022, 12:09 PM   #1
Chris_Strangerz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F20

2012 F20 (110K kms) w/ New Intermittent P0015 after Service

Hello all - hoping someone from this brain’s trust may be able to help guide me where to look/check/replace on this one.

A few weeks back I purchased a 2012 BMW F20 with 110Kms and have had to take tothe mechanics for a service and to look at an intermittent “Check Drive Train” error.
The mechanics noticed a number of intermittent faults using the scanner (see first two pictures) and advised that combined with the service - the oil, oil filter, drive belt, air filter and water pump and coolant was to be replaced and topped up Castrol Edge 5w-30 motor oil. The mechanic advised that with the number of unconnected but intermittent faults, it’s best to clear the computer and see if that clears the “Check Drive Train Error”.
After a day of uninterrupted blissful driving, the “Check Drive Train” error has come back twice in two days, usually when the car is relatively cold (but outside temp at least 20C+ here in Australia), and when checking the faults with a ODB, the error shows: “B” Camshaft Position- Timing Over-Retarded” (see last picture).
After I turn off the ignition, the fault disappears and the car runs as normal.
When mentioning to the mechanic, he seems to think it could be the Vanos Exhaust solenoid or even a stretched timing chain.

Would anyone have any similar experience with this fault code or situation and have any suggestions on what could be the issue?
It seems really strange that the “Check Drive Train” error is different now following the service and trying to understand whether this is a new fault due to the service or a new problem which has been dormant?

Appreciate ANY advice anyone could share?
TIA
Attached Images

Appreciate 0