View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #75
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Colleagues who have driven the M135i say it is fantastic , agile , revitalised steering and chassis work by M. engineers have made a very exciting and appealing icon for the 1er and M.Performance brand.

Of course the adversity of hatches in the US means that this car will not arrive in the US... Well in this form it will not but the engine will feature in the X1 xdriveM35i. And of course the car will be offered in the 2er body styles of Coupe and Cabrio when those vehicles launch.

What does this mean for the 1 Series M Coupe successor or M2?
Well the successful formula of the 1 Series M Coupe remains in the next generations genes as an accessible and special entry to the M brand. Although this time there is no limitations to budget or imagination to how the car can be progressed but the car will lose some weight in its initial form.
It is not going to be a carbon-fest but it can progress later down that road.

I am sure the Audi and Mercedes competitors will touch around 400+ hp but do not expect the M2 to.
The 1er M Coupe is a car that is not about speed it is about enjoyment and that formula is very much in the foreminds of the engineers working on the specifics for the new car.

Because the 1er's has its home in Leipzig the production car in 3dr format will have its World Premiere at the AMI in June alongside the BMW 3er Touring.