Westcoaster99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 330d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz786 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoaster99 View Post
Hi guys wondering if anyone can help. I've fitted the cruise control button on my 116d that previously had just the limiter.

I added 544 and vo coded FEMBODY BKOKBI AND ICM. I had some problems at fist but got all coded without any errors.

However when i try to activate cruise I get the same functionality as before coding. The cruise buttons don't work and when I press the set button it just act as the limiter like before.

Anyone got any ideas?
Hi mate. I'm not brilliant at this. But I did manage to do it with mine. I'd say you havnt done something right. First time I tried mine did the same as yours. Did you update the VO first. Then when you go to the coding save this before again adding 544 to the modules?
Got to the bottom of what I was doing wrong. I had 'cleverly' swapped the volume controls from my old buttons to the new cruise buttons. Reason I did this was the volume up bottom on my cruise control set was a bit worn.

Turns out you CANT do this. So note to anyone doing this retrofit make sure you use a matching set. Maybe obvious but worth documenting on here.

Managed to get around my problems by just swapping the actual plastic part of the volume button and keeping the pcb.
Appreciate 0