12-06-2019, 04:59 AM   #27
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
If you have a ruptured artery, it needs to be fixed pronto. But you already have a ruptured artery, so the risk is already there. If these guys didn't race across the country, they absolutely certainly would never kill anyone by racing across the country.

Yeah, mountain climbers should stick to mountains - believe me, it's way more fun that way!!! *And you're only likely to kill/injure yourself and those who have specifically agreed to the heightened risk of taking part in that activity.* Asterisks for importance. That part is my point.

You want to hoon about in your car and there is no risk of harming someone who is just trying to go about their day? Sweet, have a great time!...... You want to hoon about in your car but in doing so you are significantly increasing the risk of harming innocent bystanders? No. Don't be selfish.

I'm all for folk having fun. I'm even more for folk pushing limits and boundaries competitively. But I am strongly against these things if they are damaging (or heighten the risk of damage) to people around them who don't want to be involved.

And will someone please revoke the license of this damn soccer mom who keeps driving while distracted!! I totally agree that distracted/disinterested/incompetent drivers are by far the biggest risk. Partly because there are so many of them.
So they hit a max speed of 193. Probably for an instant. We don't know where they hit said velocity. No offense meant, but have you ever been out West in the United States? It is quite open. I'd imagine the Benz needed a few miles to hit that number, and out West there are abundant miles of straight, level, and minimum-access roads to make such a feat happen.

They averaged 103 MPH, which is about 15 to 20 MPH faster than the ambient high-density traffic you will find on most East Coast USA interstates. And that dense traffic is dense in two ways: (1) a lot of cars in one place; and (2) 50% are distracted and depending on their collision-avoidance systems to allow them to be distracted.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00