06-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #46
AKbmw
Brigadier General
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
You're off to a great start. I can see that you have a great eye that'll develop more as you try things and fail and then figure out how to get them right.

It was appropriate to post all those images of pretty much the same thing, give3n that you're seeking feedback. I think you'll find yourself taking hundreds of images per month, maybe thousands. Work on two things; first, make a higher percentage of them "keepers" and then edit yourself harshly to find the real "stunners".

Lately, when I post on Flickr, I try to look for three to five images per 100 taken and don't show the rest. In the case of those images with the tire marks, I'd try to find the most powerful one and use only that. Take other images of the car in different settings, different light, etc.

I also suspect that you're going to get draw deep into Photoshop after you get to know it. Start budgeting.

Dave

wow that is some great piece of advice, and i really appreciate. You just made me realize that i really only should pick the best couple because the other ones are nice but not as powerful, so there is no point to keep them. i can always take them again with such a beautiful camera.

Thank you all and hopefully as time goes by you guys can see my pictures improving!