Thread: NEw 116ED
View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #15
Dennis Nielsen
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the Dane View Post
You can buy whatever wheels you like, the issue is just, as far as I am informed by the local dealer, that the ED version has wheels that are "optimised" for fuel efficiency i.e. smaller width + other rims. That doesn't mean that you cannot fit other rims, just that the car will not live up to the task of being "ED" hence BMW cannot fit those wheels from the factory.

My example: My 118d "SE" has a mixed number of 22,7 km/l where the sport or urban is 22,2km/l - this is among other things due to the wheels being 195 wide on the "SE" and 205 on the Sport and Urban. This 0,5km/l difference will in Denmark mean 600dkr (ca. 80€) more in road tax pr year. Therefore I had to "retrofit" wider wheels rims in order not to get the "penalty" of higher road tax.
I don't know whether it will influence on the tax you have to pay in your country even if you retrofit the wheels though..
Oh and btw - I hope this is okay to mention - I ordered my 17 inch 379 style originals from leebmann24 and saved 25% compared to my local BMW dealer - just wanted to share that bit of info
Thanks for your answer... Is there any way to write a private message in here? I am danish too, so it would be a lot easier for me to write in danish...
Appreciate 0