10-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #8
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaspoonlizard View Post
Hi All,

Hoping someone else has overcome this problem... planning to replace pads all round myself but can only find a brake pad accessory kit for the front (expansion spring, guide pins & grease). But on the BMW website they are different parts for the rear, no one seems to make them but BMW! Why is this?

£13-£20 for the front from a few different brands, but £90 from BMW for the rears!

Any help appreciated!
Hi,

Well, if this would help. I seem to need new tyres next seasons (both sets), especially rear. Quite a premature wear off for the mileage. Regarding the current summer ones it looks I will have to order (those starred! ) from BMW as the size (the rear in particular I recall - mixed tyres) is not available Run-flat in retail ("Why is this?") and I wouldn't want to join Run-flat haters after I had a (presumably intentional) puncture and found other two (nails in the tyres, not through). I don't really suffer from money excess right now so I'll swap winter front/rear and/or have only rear replaced.

So, to do my M-Sport brakes when I have to I guess I'll attend the official service. It's BMW after all. You might have to put up with that.

And by the way, one of the reasons why I drive in Sport+ (DTC for those who lack it) is to reduce DSC burden on rear brakes: quite some wheel spin, indeed!

Do you have NBT? If not, buy that Android piece of shit (neighbour thread) and do your brakes on change!

Last edited by No one; 10-12-2018 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: A valid suggestion occured. :-)
Appreciate 1
emil11144.00