View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #38
Spitfire Sir?
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Red F20 116i Sport

Well I have to report that the cable I bought off ebay is not as good as I first reported!

Basically I checked that all my software, both in phone and car are up to date. The problems I have are these:

iPhone seems to connect ok at first, after maybe a maximum of 10 minutes the connection fails, IDrive reading 'not connected'

Try to reconnect and the IDrive simply reads device not recognised

The one call that I managed to receive whilst listening to music (well timed I might add!), caused the music to go off as expected, however, once the call was finished the music never came back on and the IDrive reported the device not recognised again?

I am angling for a refund off ebay at the moment, seems some of these cables are just simply not compatible.

23/06/12 (I got a refund no problem off the ebay seller, top man! Just beware that some of these after market jobs have some compatibility issues with the F20 apparently)

Can anyone recommend a well road tested aftermarket cable? I can't face giving BMW anymore of my dosh!

Cheers.

Last edited by Spitfire Sir?; 06-23-2012 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Update about Y cable
Appreciate 0