02-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #3054
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I have my original issue Colt M1911A1 from my military days. When we converted to the M9 (fucking hated that gun) many folks complained about the swap. For us that weren't standard grunts, we were offered an option to 'buy back' our old 1911's that we could use at the discretion of the command. The buy back was four payroll deductions of $22.25 each. Bit of a steal if you ask me.
Lucky dog, wish I had had been given that opportunity to purchase our 1911's especially at that price, yeah it was a 'bit' of a steal you got there alright, damn!
I have a new reissue Colt Series 70 Govt which is a very faithful repro but still really jonesin for what I carried when I served. They were worn and beat up after decades of hard service but still dependable as quality autos today.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 02-21-2019 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00