Teaspoonlizard
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 440i + F20 118d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaspoonlizard View Post
Hi All,

Hoping someone else has overcome this problem... planning to replace pads all round myself but can only find a brake pad accessory kit for the front (expansion spring, guide pins & grease). But on the BMW website they are different parts for the rear, no one seems to make them but BMW! Why is this?

£13-£20 for the front from a few different brands, but £90 from BMW for the rears!

Any help appreciated!
Hi,

Well, if this would help. I seem to need new tyres next seasons (both sets), especially rear. Quite a premature wear off for the mileage. Regarding the current summer ones it looks I will have to order (those starred! ) from BMW as the size (the rear in particular I recall - mixed tyres) is not available Run-flat in retail ("Why is this?") and I wouldn't want to join Run-flat haters after I had a (presumably intentional) puncture and found other two (nails in the tyres, not through). I don't really suffer from money excess right now so I'll swap winter front/rear and/or have only rear replaced.

So, to do my M-Sport brakes when I have to I guess I'll attend the official service. It's BMW after all. You might have to put up with that.

And by the way, one of the reasons why I drive in Sport+ (DTC for those who lack it) is to reduce DSC burden on rear brakes: quite some wheel spin, indeed!

Do you have NBT? If not, buy that Android piece of shit (neighbour thread) and do your brakes on change!
I don't think it's really necessary to go to the dealer for brake pad replacement, sure if you want to pay the price go for it. They only recommend replacing the spring clip and guide pins after 4 years, but if in good condition I don't think it's worth it. Only if damaged.

Textar brake pads are about £40 an axel for the M sport brakes. Got the plastic grease BMW uses from ATE for about £3, sensors are about £10, 1 per axle.
Appreciate 0