Thread: Rolex
View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 09:49 AM   #1696
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Got a call from my AD yesterday afternoon that she'd gotten her hands on a "unicorn" watch for my wife: a 31 Oyster Perpetual Celebration.

Ever since Rolex released the Celebration last year, my wife has been *lusting* after it. We'd placed a "just for fun" order with our AD on the very long-shot chance of her ever getting one in.

And, she did. And she called us yesterday.

So, we went down to the AD last night and took a look. My wife had been wanting the 36, but after comparing an OP36 on her wrist, the 31 just fit her better. (and since she already has a green OP31, I wasn't quite sure why this was even an issue, but she *is* a girl).

She fell in love with it and wore it to work today.

I think it's a fun watch, but maybe a little busy for my personal tastes-- at least in the 31 size.

My wife however? May never take it off. She was mumbling about wearing it to Paris next month (we're flying over with a two other couples to see Taylor Swift and go to Giverny and Champagne), but I nipped that in the bud. This would be.... a tough one to replace if she lost it or it got stolen. The prices on the secondary market are sort of stupid.

R.
Attached Images

SaMaster144445.00
ASAP10171.50