04-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
Well the golf lacks rwd. I have driven a scirocco 2.0 tsi dsg which was chipped from 200 to 250 hp. Yes its fast, but it has loads of torquesteer and understeer. 3rd gear in corner you cant push the throttle. 1st or 2nd gear and little bit humid or worse, cant use the throttle. Very cold and roads being a bit salty 4th gear on highway and wheelspin. And can go on and on...

No for me a rwd car please. When i picked up my m135i in sam situations as above i could very easily modulate with the throttle to get anywhere.

Anyways the golf gti is fwd too i assume? Then it will be same shit as with the scirocco. 125i for me then please
The performance GTI has a diff lock, which apparently makes a HUGE difference. It seems to eliminate torque steer (and the GTI has significant more torque than the 125i) and it seems to enable sling shot accelerations like an AWD. All tests until now, including the German ones, seem to confirm this.

When you ask me, that's impressive for a FWD hothatch. Besides,don't over laud RWD, even with my "sluggish" 520d it's easy to spill torque in the outer rear wheel in 2nd gear. I admit, it doesn't bring torque steer, but it doesn't bring acceleration either. So I can only assume that a 125i and certainly an M135i RWD would massively benefit from a locking diff. Which they haven't...
Appreciate 0