View Single Post
      10-17-2022, 03:11 PM   #38
wspohn
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

IMHO, very few of the Martin Logan speakers succeed at mating an electrostatic panel with a cone bass driver. I use that system to listen to acoustic music - it is magic with strings and you don't miss the low bass - it isn't a rock music system or one to listen to the 1812 Overture or organ recitals, as it is 3 dB down at around 45 Hz, and they are only 85 dB efficient and need a lot of current as they dip to 1 ohm at some frequencies (the Classe amp I use is a rare one that will put out all the current they can ask for and it is happy into 1 ohm loads).

The Wilsons are Maxx2s and are 2 dB down at 20 Hz. I use them in a combined audio/video system (video has different preamp and amp) and they have the cleanest lowest bass I have heard in a normal speaker. Tried them with the Jeff Rowland that I drive them with for video but prefer the Conrad Johnson tube power amp for sound only and they produce very low frequencies at levels I am happy with (although I use a pair of Hsu powered subs - 16 Hz at 2 dB down for video).
Appreciate 0