View Single Post
      10-17-2022, 02:41 PM   #37
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
They are the first version of Martin Logan CLS, and yes, those are Wilsons (and weight a ton (figuratively, anyway - shipping weight in 3 boxes was 1100 lbs.)
Nice. I was going to guess Martin Logan too but I was more used to their hybrid speakers with a bass driver. I've never heard a set of Wilsons. Wish I got the opportunity as the boutique I visited had them, but the owner was a total ass.

I've heard electrostatic speakers such as the MLs, Apogees, etc. How does the Wilson stack up? I've always been impressed with the purity and almost holographic presentation of music/vocals played through electrostatics. I didn't have the ability to properly set up these types up speakers in my previous living conditions. Now that I have a dedicated sound room, I sort of wish I had the option as I don't see them around anymore. I guess it's due to the finicky setup requirements and the need for amps that can arc weld.
Appreciate 0